There're 2 WOLSELEY car owner's manuals PDF, spare parts catalog.
At the end of the 19th century, Wolseley was the largest manufacturer of sheep clippers in Britain.
In 1901, its director Herbert Austin found use for his passion for self-propelled carriages and, with the support of the Vickers arms concern, began to produce cars.
After his dismissal, Wolseley merged with Siddeley and by the beginning of the WW1 became the leader in the field of automobile and engine building.
As a result of the post-war crisis, in 1927 it became the property of William Morris.
Since the mid 30s. Wolseley models began to duplicate products of other brands: first MG and Riley, and after its entry into the BMC corporation (1952) - Austin, Morris and Vanden Plas cars.
The only original detail on all Wolseleys was the vertical grille with the glow-in-the-dark badge.
When the number of doubles reached a critical level, in 1969 the management of British Leyland decided to get rid of unnecessary brands, among which was Wolseley.
BMC and Leyland merge to form British Leyland. This event predetermined the fate of the Wolseley and Riley brands: in 1969 it was decided to liquidate them.
In 1967-1975. 60800 units were produced. front-wheel drive model Wolseley 18/85 (Six) - a twin of Austin 1800/2200 on the ADO17 platform.
Wolseley's last car was the 18/22 wedge-shaped sedan, which was released in 1975 and after selling 3,800 units. renamed Princess 2200.